Things with my food allergies are getting better (I think?) I mean, a lot of the time, it feels like I’ve taken 1 step forward, 2 steps back, but I do think that I’m getting better at handling things. There are a couple of reasons for that:
- I’m becoming the most paranoid person on the planet when it comes to food. Seriously, it has been my goal lately to check everything and anything that I am buying or have already bought to check it for bad ingredients. The biggest culprits for me have been things I’ve had for awhile, or food that I thought I had already checked. Constant vigilance! (Thanks, Moody!)
- I’ve been figuring out how to adapt a lot of recipes. The recipe wants chicken? Let’s try turkey. It wants corn starch? Let’s try some arrowroot. I’m getting more creative.
- Don’t eat out. For anything. If people invite me out to eat, I try to counter it with a dinner at home. That way, I know exactly what’s in my food and whether I’m going to pay for something I eat. I think I’ll have more flexibility after my cleansing experiment, but for now, I’ve got to be super strict.
- I’ve stopped crying every time I screw up and eat something wrong accidentally. I only cry some of the time now.
- Sprouts Farmers Market. This place has been a gold mine for tasty eats, both processed and fresh!
It’s definitely a process, but It’s getting better and in a couple of months (probably years), I hope to have mastered my diet and make it into more of a lifestyle, rather than a burden.