I hate flies. I mean, I can handle them in small doses, like one or two flies. However, when I came home on Tuesday and found 30–40 flies swarming my kitchen, I had a miniature panic attack. They were everywhere, and I couldn’t understand it! I didn’t even know what to do! I couldn’t walk in the kitchen without them landing all over me. I was a mess. Isn’t this why you’re supposed to have husbands? To kill the gross bugs? Buuuuh.
Thankfully, I have a great cousin who lives about 5 minutes away and Bill came over and helped me in my fly slaughter! I can’t even tell you how much it meant to me to have him kill those bugs. Bill and I stalked the flies and trapped them as best we could. It was brilliant. I’m so grateful for family who lives nearby and helps me when I’m on my own!
Yesterday, I came home and found 10 more flies flying around the kitchen. This time, I had a plan. I turned off all of the lights so that the flies would be drawn to the little window about the kitchen sink. They loooove the window. Once a bunch of them landed, I attacked the window and sprayed Raid all over the window. I sat and watched with satisfaction, cackling as the flies dive bombed the window to their miserable death. Pretty sure I spent five minutes doing a little happy dance after they all were dead.
Let’s see, other triumphs of the week. I took my bike into the shop and got my bike seat fixed so it wouldn’t slam down while I was riding, aaaaand I made it all the way up 9th East without stopping! (In case you haven’t driven 9th East in Provo, it’s this continuous hill that seems to never end.) It was my first successful attempt! Let’s see if I can do it again tomorrow!
I move to Virginia one month from today! Baah! I can’t believe how close it is! Come faster, August! Faster!
As I get ready to move, I’m eating my way through all of the food in the freezer. I’ve got half a bag of frozen blueberries that have been dying to be eaten. What to make with them? It’s difficult to decide. Life is hard. (Just kidding.)
1. I love how simple this blueberry sauce is from Annie’s Eats. I’m still searching for a maple syrup I can eat with my pancakes, so this would be a wonderful addition! Plus, I totally have that plate from Anthropologie. Proud.
2. These jumbo blueberry muffins from Sally’s Baking Addiction would be perfect to make with my Anthropologie jumbo muffin pan! I just love the classic blueberry muffin. Never gets old.
3. This Blueberry Boy Bait cake from Smitten Kitchen has popped up all over my food blogs. It looks so fresh and tasty! I’m dying to give it a try.
4. What could make blueberry muffins even better? Oh yes. Adding lemon and poppy seeds. These muffins from Joy the Baker have combined every love of my foods together. Oooh, these might be a winner.
5. I’ve been really into fruit bars lately, so I’m intrigued to try these berry crumble bars from The Comfort of Cooking!
I’m planning on making one of these tasty treats this weekend! Can’t wait!