We had a wonderful time in NYC with Jordan and Allison for Thanksgiving. I’ll post more about that later once I’ve gone through all my pictures, but I’m missing them already! I’m so glad we have family on this side of the country; it makes up for the 2,000+ miles between us and the rest of our family.
I can’t believe it’s already December. That’s just crazy! This really is my favorite time of the year, not only because of fun Christmas carols, delicious holiday recipes, and Christmas lights everywhere, but also because it’s the time we get to spend with our family! Aaron and I are heading to Phoenix this year to hang out with his family in a few weeks, and we are so excited to meet both of his new little nephews and enjoy a fun Christmas with everyone!
Before then, I have a whole list of fun things I want to do with Aaron to really get into the holiday spirit.
- Ice skating at the Gallery of Art
- Make red and green pork enchiladas
- Cookie exchange party with friends
- Stroll around the outdoor holiday Eastern Market and stop to see the Christmas trees outside the Capitol
- Design and mail Christmas cards
- Go to the temple and see the temple lights
- Make homemade hot chocolate and watch Elf
- Go to the ward Christmas party
- Go to the musical night called Christmas at the Potomac
- Bring cookies to neighbors and drive around to see Christmas lights
- Make homemade gifts for our coworkers and bosses
- Head to Phoenix to spend Christmas with Aaron’s family!
I’m pretty dang excited! Is anyone else making plans to live up the festivities? Let the holiday season commence!